Tuesday 25 October 2011

Enter with caution

I noticed recently that one of my friends from work was writing a blog and decided that it sounded like quite a good idea so here I am.  I'm not really sure I will have anything interesting to say but only time will tell.
Yesterday was a typical evil Monday at work.  I had loads to do and as the day went on none of it seemed to disappear.
This time of year seems really busy for me at the moment.  I was looking at the weekends only to discover that my next free Saturday is 10th December!  At least it will make time go quickly before Christmas.  This weekend we are heading off to London to see Noel Gallagher at the Hammersmith Apollo.  My husband is getting more and more excited as the days go on.  We counted the other day that he has seen Oasis play live on 17 occasions!
As the weather gets colder it makes me think of two things - Carnival and Christmas.  Carnival takes over my working life for a week each November.  It's a very stressful time but I love it as well.  Since I have been doing my job (4 years in November) I have built up some good relationships with the people involved in Carnival and it no longer feels like a night of work.
Then come Christmas - I am already getting excited about Christmas.  I love spending time with and catching up with all the family.  This year we are spending Christmas day with my brother and sister-in-law, their two girls and my in-laws.  Having the two young girls around will be amazing.  Although I'm not sure who will be harder work on the day - the girls or my 30 year old husband!
Well The only other thing I can think about at the moment is my next holiday - only 5 weeks to go and then my husband and I are off to Centre Parcs in Suffolk for a week.  We have been several times before but never just the two of us.  I think it will be strange although good fun.  We don't usually have two holidays in a year (most years we don't have one) but this year we have saved hard and are rewarding ourselves.  What is the point of working hard if you don't reap the rewards every so often!  Next year it will be back to a shared holiday with one of the sets of parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment